Sunday, October 18, 2015

Simple chores, simple pleasures

I spent most of the day yesterday cleaning up leaves  with my children. Leaf clean up is no simple thing in our corner lot as we have 5 maples, 2 crab apples, an elder tree and a big chestnut in the back yard. We have lots of leaves. Plus, we take care of our elderly neighbor's yard for her - 2 apple trees, 3 birch, 2 elder trees, which adds to the total quite a bit. It is quite a project. I'm always glad when it is done.

Leaf clean up is one of those chores that I dread but look forward to at the same time. I get a strange feeling of satisfaction by taking a scene of such chaos; leaves strewn about, a carpet of many colors covering my yard; and turning it into an orderly, serene landscape. I feel a sense of teamwork when Sarah and Steven work side-by-side to accomplish a common goal. Overall, leaf clean-up sucks but is still a satisfying chore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment